Sunday, November 28, 2010

it's all about gingerbread, pumpkin ravioli, and shopping.





i sold my first gingerbread house!

to catch you up, no, i did not make said gingerbread house. and no, my roadtrip did not take me to the north pole. i am in pittsburgh and have taken on a few seasonal jobs.

1. gap retail sales associate. (i haven't learned how to do the cash register yet, so as of right now i'm a professional greeter and clothing-folder. and you can just ask my mom and my sister, no one ever expected i would be doing the latter professionally.)

2. gingerbread house sales associate (but i'd rather be called an gingerbread shop elf.)

3. babysitter and full-time aunt.



i'm thinking about adding some more, too. thus far, all of my jobs are seasonal...i'm still not sure how long i will be in pittsburgh, but i figured, as long as i am here for thanksgiving and christmas, i might as well make some money off of the craze of consumerism that surrounds the holidays!

i'm spending time with old friends and making some great new friends at my jobs and i encourage EVERYONE in the greater pittsburgh area to visit the pittsburgh public market where my gingerbread job and countless other magical things happen.


jayme with almost two-month old liam. and yes, i said two-month, not seventy years old, as his hairline currently suggests. it was a wonderful visit with jayme, liam, and rob, with some festive and creative food, as usual! (see pumpkin ravioli below...yum!)


thanksgiving photos now:


just seeing the steam rise there is making me crave some midnight potatoes.

oh: another of my jobs, continually stir gravy until arm falls off. it was worth it.

we needed none other than a steeler's help to get this turkey from pan to carving board. no joke, he's a steeler.

hopefully posting will become more regular now that i am settling in for a bit...happy belated thanksgiving, all. i'm thankful for my blog followers and readers!

1 comment:

  1. I love the gingerbread house job! So awesome, and retail - I don't think I could ever just fold clothes I hate laundry :) But I am excited that you picked up some fun seasonal things (discount must be amazing!). <3 Rachael

    ReplyDelete